April 29, 2013

Things I Like Because of Guys

So, I'm not perfect, and I've done some pretty stupid things to make people like me more than they already did. Life is an embarrassing time for me (but, really, who was it not an embarrassing time for? Probably hot people, just saying). And I am guilty of taking interest in all kinds of stuff just because a guy suggests I like that thing. The problem? I've ended up actually liking a lot of those things. See? I bet you thought I couldn't be any more pathetic. Well, looks like you were wrong! Ha!

1. 3OH!3 - Yeah, back in 10th grade when "Don't Trust Me" was hitting the airwaves and I was totally oblivious to what was playing on the radio, I listened to 3OH!3 because a guy forced me to. Well, forced is a heavy term to use here, but I'm pretty sure he actually did force me to listen to them... and he made me make their lyrics my FaceBook status. Yes, he was a douchebag. I know. 

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Another band (but who is surprised?)! Actually, if we're getting specific, I only like this band because I was told I couldn't like this band. The same douchebag as above had a thing for blocking me on FaceBook every single time I expressed any love for any RHCP song, so it because a fun little game to play every couple of months. Then, when he was finally out of the picture, I was free to actually like the band because of the band and not because of him. 

3. LOST - As much as I love LOST, it kills me to say that I only watched all 6 seasons in 4 weeks because a  guy got me to. I don't really remember not wanting to watch LOST before then because I don't even think I knew what LOST was. I just knew it was like a big deal. So, I figured "Why not?" 

4. Stephen King - Okay, this one I hadn't even realized was going to be on this list until just now. This is probably the most embarrassing one too. Yeah, I only love Stephen King because a guy lent me IT a couple of summers ago. I recall in middle school when we had to read to get AR (accelerated reader) points, and the Stephen King novels were worth like 100 points each, so the smartest guy in my class was reading them, and I was totally opposed to the idea because I am so easily terrified. But I eventually took a leap. I fell instantly in love with everything about his writing and how his books smelled and the way I felt so inspired by every single description and ending. He's just perfection. 

5. Switchfoot - It was 6th grade. I had just gotten my hands on a portable CD/ AM-FM player, and music on the radio was actually okay. Out of all the "She Will Be Loved" and "Drop It Like It's Hot," I found love in a song called "Dare You To Move".... but only because a guy liked it. Honestly, this only lasted a while, but later in high school I rekindled my love for the band. Now, I'm totally in love with everything this band is a part of. 

I'm sure there are lots of other things that I could add to this list, and I'll be accumulating more throughout the rest of my life. The thing, though, is that people will read this list and think I've been faking it, lying, changing myself to please others or make people like me, but that's not the case. I never pretended to like anything above. So, judge me, but I doubt I am alone

Plus, I used to be really stupid. (I still am. shhhh)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't trust a hoe.

Post a Comment