August 22, 2013

Make Way For Change!

Well, it seems I've survived a few more days of my junior year of college. Surprisingly, I'm not surprised. 

Between being a complete zombie through reading boring and useless and wasteful syllabi and trying to actually learn the things that are starting to be taught, I've kind of had one of those awesome "Ah ha!" moments. I actually am pretty sure those are called epiphanies, but I'm too A)Sleepy and B) Lazy to double check, so let's just keep it at "Ah ha!" moment. 

So, last fall, before I was forced to start this blog (which, look, Mel! I got addicted and can't stop or use correct punctuation ever!), I was dropping pounds and inches like they had old people shit on them. In total, I think I lost about 30-32 pounds in that entire semester. And I lost another 15 pounds in the spring. That's 65 total since May 2012. I know, I'm a badass. But, I guess, things kind of got put on the cooling rack towards the last part of spring semester and the beginning of summer. For reasons I will never ever ever ever discuss here on this blog because I really like living, my life kind of went headfirst into a pile of lard. I stopped exercising. I stopped eating the way I was eating before (you know, minimal and with lots of grapes and healthy things). Somewhere in there I went on BC, so my hormones were totally on the fritz. And the cherry on top: I was also working a lot. 

In laymen's terms, I forgot to take care of myself. And as a result, I put on some weight that I thought I'd shed for good. (I guess my life just can't be fabulous). And, as a bonus, I stopped looking at myself and seeing something that was amazing and sexy and confident. I even had other people telling me I had put on weight, and that made me feel really shitty. I didn't know what I looked like or what I weighed or how I was supposed to stop the madness. 

The other night, I was talking to someone, and I was in the middle of giving this amazing beyond amazing peptalk when I suddenly heard myself say something along the lines of "If you know what you want and want it bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes to get there." And it hit me that I wasn't just talking to this other person. This was something I needed to hear! 

So, because there is no time better than the present to completely turn your life around and make everyone wish they were you for just a blink of an eye, I've decided to put a stop to all this. 

Starting today, things are going to be wildly different. 

I've made a short list of goals for myself:
1. Fit into size 6 jeans by Halloween. (If you haven't noticed, on the side of my blog is a little description and this has been more of an ultimate goal for me since I started this thing.)
2. Be at 140 lbs by finals week of this semester (aka second week of December).
3. Wear nothing "Large" by Spring Break 2014.
4. Be at 130 lbs by finals week of the spring semester (aka second week of May). 
And you might be wondering how I plan on making this stuff happen...
1. Cutting out pasta indefinitely. (I think I had my fill over the summer. Thanks, mom). 
2. Joining a zumba class (like, going to do this like today)
3. No Sour Patch Kids indefinitely (prepare for withdrawal!)
4. Working out at least 5 times a week 
5. Doing things to keep my stress levels at a manageable level

I welcome anyone who reads this to join me in changing now. Let me know in the comments or wherever. 

We'll see how this goes. Stress and sleep greatly influence the way my weight fluctuates, so hopefully it won't be a frustrating process for me. I'm super excited to see what happens! Also, as a way to keep myself accountable, I'll be blogging once a month to update on happenings and progress. 

Wish this wonder woman some luck! 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a big problem with #1. Pasta 5ever!! -Bruce

Post a Comment