May 13, 2013

When The Girls Stop By For The Summer

Amen!
Well, it is very much official. I AM ON SUMMER VACATION, CAKE SNIFFERS! 

But, you know, I've still got that whole "perpetually unemployed" thing to resolve. We'll see what happens with that. But, other than that, I'm on vacation from EVERYTHING. And after the Hell of a semester I've just finished, I think I am pretty deserving of some major R&R and a big bag of Sour Patch Kids.

So, what are my plans for the summer? Nothing fancy or super exciting, I swear (ain't nobody got the money for that!). Actually, I don't really have plans. I'll probably just go with the flow, and take it one day at a time by sitting around complaining about the Oklahoma heat (no, not the Thunder, sorry) and  thinking about all the productive things I could potentially be doing instead of not sitting there doing nothing. But, I do have things I want to do (but that really means nothing because I always WANT to do things, but you know how it is). So, here's my "Optional Sensational Summer Bucket List" (Maybe you'll get some ideas as to what you might want to do with yourself this summer from how lame I really am).

1. Finish the book I've been reading for the last 2 months (The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, for the curious reader)
2. Dip into my feminine side and do some of those DIY Pinterest craft things (which would require me to actually get a Pinterest account to begin with. Ugh.)
3. Get a job (shut up)
4. Lose 7 pounds / go down a jean size
5. Hit up the library and check out the erotica section and read it in public without an ounce of shame
6. Learn to use chopsticks
7. Throw out all the high school stuff I've been hoarding for the last million years
8. Immerse myself in historic Oklahoma culture by doing one of my favorite things: going to museums
9. Find a new song to be stuck on that isn't "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys (♫ Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take ya..♫)
10. Take it easy

Pretty much
So, now you guys know how lame I am when I have no immediate responsibilities or a routine to uphold. Hey, what can I say? I'm a college student with repressed ambition. 

But, let's be serious, if I can't get a job, I'll probably spend my entire summer feeling ashamed that I'm not worthy of making money and that list will just die like the dreams of angry men. I'll be a little Gavroche crawling through the barricade to my untimely and under-appreciated death. I'LL BE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE AGAIN AND AGAIN! Can someone please do a parody of "Red and Black" for me about my first world struggles? Les Mis, man. 

I'm just Chandler Bing, guys. 

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I have a VAST array of commentary here.

1. CONGRATULATIONS ON ANOTHER YEAR DOWN!! What what!
2. I hated the Lovely Bones.
3. I have a pinterest account and my ability to do anything that looks as cute as the shit I pin is totally limited.
4. 7 pounds - totes doable! I can't believe your road to health just started a year ago!!
5. I just love that you want to read erotica publicly, since I thought about cutting a hole in a medical dictionary in order to hide the fact that I was reading 50 Shades in an airport (which Julia tells me is child's play).
6. Chopsticks WOULD save you the humiliation of asking for forks.
7. Let's hit up a museum before I move??
8. Thanks a lot for putting the Beach Boys back in my head.
9. Love the term "repressed ambition"
10. You've already spent too much time around Chickie if you're using "gavroche" as an adjective.
11. You could use this time to get caught up on all the PLLs you've been neglecting. I do believe a new one comes out (hardcover) June 4. :)

Post a Comment