July 14, 2013

5 Lessons to Learn From: Monsters University

So, I finally got a chance to head out to Ye Olde Movie Theatre and see the highly talked about and anticipated Monsters University after wanting to see it since its release back in June.

Honestly, with the way that Disney and Pixar have been popping out sequels to classic movies to bring back a crazy case of nostalgia for most college-age young adults all over the world, I was a little unsure of what I was walking into. All of my friends have been raving about how good it is and even seeing it multiple times. I mean, these are people who can barely afford to eat something that isn't Ramen, so them spending $7 or more on multiple movie tickets to the SAME movie had to say something. But, still. I'm not THAT easily persuaded.

But, I have to admit that it was pretty damn adorable. I'm a spoiler-free blogger, so I won't give any of the details away for those who still haven't seen it and want to see it, but I definitely recommend it to any college-goers and families with children.

The great thing about Pixar is that they usually include a bunch of handy life lessons in all their films. MU was no exception to that. After walking away from the dark theater, I felt like I'd actually learned a thing or two. So, here are somethings you may take away from a couple of not-so-scary monsters. 

1. You don't have to be a college graduate or even college-educated in order to be successful and achieve your goals. 

2. Best friends can be found under the strangest circumstances and may be some of the biggest surprises  in this crazy life. 

3. Just because you're the "little guy" doesn't mean you can't do big things and show off some major self-confidence. 

4. Everyone is afraid of something. 

5. Sometimes not having a plan leads to the best things. 

Maybe some of those are silly or I'm just reading way too deep into a children's animated movie. I don't care.

The point of this is you should go check out Monsters University if you haven't already. Also, while we're having this great conversation, tell me in the comments some lessons you've learned from other movies. I'd love to hear some of them! I don't bite (often).

0 comments:

Post a Comment